Barcelona is a beautiful city with stunning seaside views and one of Spain’s top most visited cities. The calm Mediterranean climate, sunny lifestyle, mesmerizing scenery, great architecture, delicious food, and various cultural aspects, is what attracts tourist to this beautiful city. The city will never fail to surprise you, be its medieval old-world type atmosphere or its modernist architecture and its surrealistic building by Antoni Gaudi, some of which are even UNESCO listed.
So here is a list of must-visit tourist attractions in Barcelona:
- Basilica de la Sagrada Familia- This is one of Europe’s most unusual churches and the most famous sight in Barcelona. One of the UNESCO-listed, located on the northern side of the city, the 18 spindly towers large Basilica is the largest of all monuments. The interiors are equally stunning as well. It is a must-visit place for sure.
- Barri Gotic- Standing on Monte Tabor, the highest point of the city, Barri Gotic is the spiritual and secular center of the city. Relics of ancient Roman buildings and representation of the middle ages through monuments can be found here. Here you can wander through the narrow cobblestone streets and alleyways, traffic-free. Just walking through the streets here is magical.
- La Rambla- This hub is Barcelona’s heart of social life. This famous hangout spot of the city has wide streets with expansive sidewalks, lined with shops, restaurants, and outdoor cafes. At day time, locals can be seen here doing daily shopping at Mercat de la Boqueria and taking evening or night strolls later in the day. Sometimes you may also be treated to live music, street performance, or other impromptu shows.
- Parc Guell- Also known as Gaudi’s surrealist park, this colorful, cheerful, and lively park is another UNESCO World Heritage site designed by Antoni Gaudi. Viaducts, grottoes, colonnaded hall, winding staircase, and semi-closed conversation seats, decorated with multicolored ceramic fragments are scattered throughout the park.
- Camp Nou- Talking about Barcelona and not mentioning Camp Nou is unfair. Home to the world-famous football team FC Barcelona, with 99,354 seats, it is the largest stadium in Europe and second-largest in the world. It is a must-see attraction for architecture fans. If you’re a football fan try to watch a live match at this stadium, the experience will be mesmerizing.
Thinking of a tour to Barcelona, agencies like The Barcelonian tours will help you plan a wonderful tour.