With more than eight percent of households in the U.S. now having a motorcycle, it’s no surprise that many people are buying toy haulers.
Toy haulers can allow you to transport your favorite “toys” such as motorcycles, ATVs, and golf carts easily, whether you’re going on vacation or just spending a day riding the trails. However, with so many options available, it’s not easy to choose the perfect toy hauler.
In this guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about buying a new or used toy hauler.
Understanding Toy Hauler Types
When choosing a toy hauler, you should be sure to know what the different types are. Each has different features and functionality that you’ll want to consider.
Here are the toy hauler options you can choose from.
- Cargo Trailers: These trailers are meant solely to transport your vehicle and don’t have any living areas.
- Travel Trailers: These trailers have living areas along with space for a vehicle. There are many sizes available and that means that they can be hauled by many types of vehicles.
- 5th Wheel Trailers: These trailers are large and have both a garage in the back and a living space in the front. A 5th wheel toy hauler will connect to the bed of a truck and will offer increased height and stability.
- Motorhome Toy Haulers: These toy haulers are typically the most expensive and offer luxurious living space and a garage. They’re also drivable.
Things To Consider When Choosing A Toy Hauler
There are a few different things you’ll want to consider when choosing a toy hauler. Here are some of the things that you should think about.
1. Know The Kind Of Trips You’ll Take
When choosing a toy hauler, you should think about your style of use. If you’ll be taking day trips with your toy hauler, your needs will be different than if you plan to go on trips for a week or more at a time.
The storage needed and the comfort of the living areas should be considered carefully based on your expectations.
2. Consider The Season
You should also consider the time of year that you’ll be using your toy hauler, particularly if you’ll be sleeping in it.
If you’ll be using it during colder months, then you may need good insulation and heating capabilities. On the other hand, you may need great air conditioning if you’ll be using it a lot during the summer.
3. Find The Right Size
When choosing a toy hauler, also consider its size and towing capacity.
You should find out what the gross vehicle weight is to determine how much weight you can carry. Consider what types of vehicles you would like to haul to make the best choice.
4. Check Your Towing Vehicle
You should also make sure that you can carry the toy hauler with your vehicle. You’ll usually need a strong four-wheel-drive vehicle to tow a toy hauler.
Check the toy hauler’s unloaded vehicle weight to verify that your vehicle will have enough strength to carry it.
Using These Tips To Choose The Best Toy Hauler
If you’re thinking about buying a toy hauler, make sure that you think about all of the most important factors. Ensure that you buy the right types of toy hauler and verify that it’s the right size for your needs.
Hoping to find more motorsports and recreation tips? Browse our site now to find more useful blog posts and articles.