Hong Kong is one of the few places in the world that has a little bit of everything. Whether you are interested in glamorous casinos, in shopping for luxury items, in culture, art, music, nature, or even want to take your kids someplace where they are sure to enjoy themselves, then Hong Kong is an ideal location. There are plenty of fantastic views to see in Hong Kong and fantastic cuisines to try out. If you are looking to holiday at a location where you can experience at least a little bit of a lot of wonderful things, then Hong Kong is the perfect destination.
Here are some of Hong Kong’s must-see spots!
The beautiful views of Hong Kong
Hong Kong has a wonderful and gorgeous skyline that looks even more spectacular at night. Those who love the starry skies against the backdrop of a beautiful city are in for a real treat in Hong Kong. Here are some of the places you can visit to get the most of the splendid views that Hong Kong has to offer.
- Star Ferry: If you want to experience the views of lush green mountains, then taking a ride on Hong Kong’s Star Ferry that dates back to 1880 is an absolute must. Every day, the ferries leave every few minutes, so you do not have to worry too much about missing it. You do not have to worry about not being able to work the ferry into your schedule either! If you have some time to spare after finishing up your sightseeing agenda, try and catch the laser sound and light show, A symphony of lights. It is also absolutely free!
- The city skyline: One of the most famous things about Hong Kong is its skyline. Just as Manhattan is known for its gorgeous high rise buildings and skyline, so is Hong Kong. One more amazing thing about Hong Kong is that the city skyline also has mountains as a backdrop. At night, the skies light up beautifully with the twinkling lights of the skyscrapers. If you have the time, ride the tram to Victoria Peak for the most gorgeous views of the Hong Kong skyline for an unforgettable experience.
Culture, Religion, and Art
One of the best things about Hong Kong is how it is a mix of both the modern and the ancient. The beautiful temples of Hong Kong are spiritually pleasing. They also have vibrant colours, beautiful art and architecture.
- The statue of the Big Buddha: This is perhaps one of Hong Kong’s most famous sights. The 34m high Buddha is extremely unique and an absolute sight to behold. The surrounding green forests and the views of the ocean are sure to give you an unparalleled spiritual experience.
- The Wong Tai Sin Temple: Wong Tai Sin is known for bestowing good luck in horse-racing and for warding off illnesses. This temple is newly built with interesting architecture.
- The Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery: This monastery located in Shai Tin gives you a spiritual experience that also allows you to escape the hustle and the bustle of the Hong Kong city. Keep in mind though, to reach the monastery, you will have to climb about 400 steps.
- Man Mo Temple: The Man Mo temple is built in honour of the god of literature Man, and the god of war Mo. One of the most striking features of this temple is the smell of incense that comes from burning coils of incense.
- Repulse Bay: Anyone who has ever heard of Hong Kong or who has planned a trip to Hong Kong is aware that the city has some incredible beaches and stunning coastlines. Repulse Bay is one of the most popular beaches in Hong Kong with great views and plenty of food options that one can choose from.
- Big Wave Bay: Big Wave Bay is also a stunning beach where people can enjoy a relaxing dip in the waters. You can also then catch up on some really good food from the nearby shacks on the shores! If you love seafood and barbecues, this place is an absolute must-visit.
If you are taking your kids with you to Hong Kong, you cannot afford to miss Disney land. What makes the Hong Kong Disney land even more special is the special fireworks show. Hong Kong Disney land is divided into 7 lands, each with its features, fun rides, theatre and musical performances. Even if you do not have kids, it is an ideal spot to unwind and have some fun, if you have a day to spare. While some of the activities in Disney Land are geared primarily towards children, there are a lot of things an adult can have fun with too.
Another extremely important thing that most people visit Hong Kong is to shop. Hong Kong is famous for both luxury as well as street-side shopping. Check out all of the branded luxury shops or head over to the Temple Street Night market to bargain hunt and find some amazing things. Therefore, irrespective of your shopping budget, you can walk away with some amazing deals from Hong Kong.
On the nature trail
If you want to escape the bustling city for a bit and love nature, Hong Kong has you covered! If you love hiking, try the Dragon’s Back Hike that will give you gorgeous views of the ocean. If you love sea creatures, the Ocean Park aquarium is also a must-visit. The Nan Lian Garden has a beautiful Lotus Pond Garden and several beautiful bonsai trees. Therefore, if you are under the impression that Hong Kong is only for those who love cities and not for those who love nature, you will be ecstatic to find out that the natural sights that Hong Kong has to offer are also absolutely incredible!
To experience all the gorgeousness of Hong Kong, you need to get there first! You can fly to Hong Kong easily to partake in the splendour and the gorgeousness of Hong Kong.